[lit-ideas] Re: U.N. Special Committee on Palestine

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:49:50 -0400

The UN estimates that there were closer to 700,000 Palestinian refugees -- and close to 800,000 Jewish refugees from Arab lands. The Middle East was a mess for both Palestinians and Jews. Most of the Palestinians chose to leave the Jewish part of Palestine in response to the alarms Arab countries gave them about the battle that was soon to descend on the Jews. Most of the Jews fled the Arab lands because of their persecution.

There are Arabs who live in Israel today and participate as citizens. There are no Jewish citizens in Arab lands.

Stan Spiegel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Omar Kusturica" <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>