[lit-ideas] Re: U.N. Special Committee on Palestine

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:54:42 +0100

>Affording the land by the UN is small consolation.  It's still taken,
>and it's still gone, and the Palestinians are still starving at this very
> moment.  It's strange how people who despise the UN the rest of
>the time (I'm not saying you do

I don't, I support the UN against its detractors (not always, obviously; it
depends
on the issue) and have -- I thought -- on this list.  As for "at this moment",
my
point concerns the land granted in 1947.

>We still live in a world where might makes right

I know.  I oppose that.  But once land has been taken/given it may be that
compensation is a better form of restitution than (re-)seizure.

>and the U.S. is supplying them with plenty of rights.

I think you mean "arms"

Judy Evans, Cardiff