[lit-ideas] Re: U.N. Special Committee on Palestine

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:52:26 -0400

Lawrence, you're right, but I looked at the thing and even read parts of it,
enough (or obviously not enough) such that I thought it wasn't an evil vs.
saint perspective.  I was encouraged by it thinking Lawrence had maybe seen
some middle ground.  I was wrong.  You still desperately want a clash of
civilizations, which is to say, war, and there's a lot of people who agree with
you.  BTW, have you seen pictures of Lebanon lately?  Where there was once a
civilization, the Paris of the Middle East some called it, there is now only
rubble.  The human race is doomed, Lawrence.  Let's have your WWIII and put
ourselves out of our misery.  Maybe you'll get raptured in the process, unless
of course, you don't.  God has played bigger tricks than that in the past.