[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:13:45 +0100

Perhaps we could discuss my view that

 Because of the war on Iraq, some Muslims
are being attracted to extremist versions of militant
Islam.
<<<<<<<<<

as that is, it seems, happening in the UK.

EY> If all you mean is that the war in Iraq has caused more
> Muslims to join the fight against the West, what's the
> problem?

good point; the War could not decently have been opposed
on those grounds alone (WWII is not a good
general example, though).   But is it not the case that
Bush says he is making the US safer by waging these wars?

Also Simon and I are both arguing, in our different ways,
against an over-emphasis on Qutb.

Judy Evans, Cardiff