[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:49:35 -0700

No, no, I couldn't have said it's exclusively ideology.  You misunderstood.
It could not exist without this particular ideology, but like any ideology
it is one which one lives with, which answers the daily needs, which
explains what is going on about one.  The nature of Sayyid Qutb's writings
is that he wrote about these things; so the believer will say much as a
Marxist would say, see, this is what he said and he was right.  You can see
the evidence.  You can see what we need to do.  You can see how we need to
think about these things.  Isn't that what you do, Simon?

Lawrence

  _____