[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:03:33 -0400

>>"What do oil interests have to do with Iraq?" Priceless! I'll bring this out again I'm sure.

Iraqi oil is contracted to India and China.

>>As for Pakistan, it exposes the hypocracy. . . . If it was all about democracy and terrorism, Pakistan would have been close behind Afghanistan on Bush's list.

Yeah that would have gone over real well, judging by the way you responded to the prospect of the US bombing Iran's nuke plants. Oh yeah...we're hypocrites if we don't take out all Islamist-prone nations and savage barbarians if we do take action. Nice double bind, Simon.

For us to attack the Pakis because of what their ISI did, we would be hypocrites if we didn't also nuke Germany because some Germans were involved in harboring the Atta cell.

Blunt fact is the Pakis have nukes, their government was not involved in 9/11, and we needed their help to deal with Afghanistan. What's totally weird is that you side with the Islamist argument. Don't you want us to win the war on terror? I mean, I understand really hating Bush...but do you want to see the United States destroyed just to get Bush?