[lit-ideas] A Movie [longish]

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:27:25 -0400

Ever since 9/11, I've managed to read many books and watch dozens of specials, tvmovies, documentaries and movies about islamism, islam, the M.E. conflict, terrorism and the basic history of world politics in the past 150 years. Several people on this list have displayed similar interest and much more erudition on-list and that has also helped me to try and come to terms with what is going on. I'm always eager to get a new look at things.

Last night, probably just about the time that the Brits were beginning to prepare to foil their own airplane nightmare, in a mildly synchronous event, I watched a movie called "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West". This was a documentary -- obviously slanted towards the 'anti-islamism' side of things, but not without cause. The speeches of vitriole that imam upon imam performed {assuming of course that the subtitles were accurate} were downright disgusting. The things that dozens of 'shakers' said were almost EXACTLY the same -- all NON-islamic people were not even people. They were animals, infidels and should be killed so that Islam can take over the Earth. JUST for being NON-islamic. I have to stress that. Not for anything else. They never admitted envy, they never judged our actions, they merely wanted us killed for impeding them doing the work for allah and taking over the world.

At the same time they were letting nutcases like Nasrallah and Abu Hamza al Masri prove their own incredible worth of ridicule, they had sympathetic and 'normal' muslims as narrators who were equally disturbed [as I was] by the overall anti-islamic sentiment because of the sizeable groups of fanatics that have, in the words of one man, 'hijacked the religion' The narrators were Palestinians and other Middle Easterners -- including a few Jews -- such as Palestinian reporter Khaled Abu Toameh, the daughter of a "martyr", Nonie Darwish and as they called him {sorry, I had to laugh} "former PLO terrorist" Walid Shoebat, by all appearances, now, a quite resonable man. The other usual suspects were Christian Lebanese, Brigitte Gabriel, Middle East Forum's Daniel Pipes, UWO PolySci prof, Salim Mansur, professor of religious studies at San Diego State, Khaleel Muhameed and a few others whom I don't remember at this time.

As we watched, my g/f and I shook our head as we saw droves of people chanting "Death to America" and we watched Iranian "music videos" which had cartoonish qualities that basically gave the same message. Their MTV must be REALLY boring. Then they showed this really disturbing "tv show" that showed "dirty Jews" preparing for Passover by kidnapping and bleeding a Christian child for the vital ingredient for Matzos. At the end of the episode, one offered another a sampling and said something like "tasty eh?" and almost smirked. It was abominable. To think that this stuff is actually played on their airwaves explained a lot of things.

The inculcation was the most disturbing. Seeing tens of thousands chanting "death to america, death to the Uk" and making songs out of it made me shake my head in disbelief. Seeing an 8 year old girl saying that she would "personally like to kill george bush" was sickening. This reminded me of when I saw a KKK family on Jerry Springer 15 years ago and their little 'offspring' were saying the same thing daddy was teachin' 'em "niggers are nothing" and sickening things like that.

It's perhaps mildly ironic that just before we put this movie on, I had watched a couple of the TED videos that {I think} Stan suggested to us the other day. The last one I watched was a presentation by Dr. Larry Brilliant, an epidemiologist who helped eradicate Small Pox, and his motto that he repeated was "early detection, early response".

The dangerous Islamicism that is sweeping the globe now is much like a virus and must, like Small Pox be eradicated. I would never reach out and kill an insect for the sake of it. Spiders don't bother me just because they are spiders. But every spring, I have the local spider control come in and make sure I don't get thousands because I've had thousands before and it's very unpleasant and unbearable in the backyard with that many pests.

Am I saying a few radical Islamicists are pests? You bet I am. But there numbers are reaching epidemic proportions and are bordering on becoming a deadly disease outbreak, raising equally dangerous clones of themselves to spread the hatred and envelope the globe in the grips of their insanity -- yes, insanity. "Early detection, early response". It's too bad, we can't the pre-emptive strikes right. In a way, that's what Bush tried with Iraq, but he chose the wrong infection.

After watching it, but not just because of it, I am once again reassured that my initial reaction [since learning about OBL and his ilk] is not one of a "western bigot" or and 'anti-islamist", I am simply saying that our only response is to kill every last one of them BECAUSE they want to kill us and BEFORE they kill us. We ARE the host and the parasites must be quelled. If only our political correctness could abate long enough for us to actually do it. It's very unfortunate that the other 900 million muslims who are reputedly "not like those 300 million fanatics" don't try to reclaim their good name by doing something 'inhouse' to sort this out. My greatest fear is that, if left to "therestoftheworld", the job will get messy and lots of [actually] innocent Muslims will die. Collateral damage? Yes, but not without necessity.

hopped up on IV Anti-Biotics for a bug bite {seriously}
inflamed,
Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx