[lit-ideas] Re: A Movie [longish]

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:59:02 -0400

Paul watches an hour of more of edited extracts about muslim fundamentalists. He now hates their guts and wants to kill them all.

Aha, I was waiting for this reaction. I knew that someone would digest it that way. Do you really think I'm that simple minded? I don't think you have read what I said very carefully.

I am not saying "kill them all". I am saying kill everyone who stands in front of a group of 20,000 impressionable, young, pissed-off men and says "kill the infidel because they are infidel" quotes inciting scripture, instills them with a faith in almighty Allah that they are doing his work, and then goes about giving them weapons, training them to make bombs, and pays their families when they carry out 'jihad'.

IF, and this is a big IF, there are people who run around and say these things, and clearly, there are, because they were saying these things, and HAVE been saying them for years, they need to be taken care. Omar asks the question "how?" That is the problem. I'm not offering a solution. I don't know the answer. If I knew, I would tell someone. I just don't see how making friends with them will work. They don't want to be friends.

Seriously, if the US and the UK invades Iraq on false pretences, initiates a civil war that kills up to a 100,000 people who wouldn't have died otherwise, does that explain at least partically why a large number of people in the muslim world hate the west?

It might explain why a bunch 'more' people who didn't previously. But how do you explain those who already did?...

And how about BEFORE the previous 'hate-inciting' historical event?

How many would hate the west if Iraq hadn't been invaded? Less or more.

Should it be ANY?

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx