[lit-ideas] Re: A Movie [longish]

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:38:01 EDT

A voice of reason.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: A Movie [longish]
 Date: 8/10/06 3:45:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It comes back to whether you believe, as a  result of US and UK
actions after
> 9/11, the number of muslim  fundamentalists has grown or
subsided.

that's one question but the  other more important one is how many
have been moved to violence.   Robert Pape of Chicago, part of
whose
work on suicie bombers I summarised  in an earlier post, has been
briefing the regional heads of the FBI (I think  I have that
right, anyway,
rather high-up FBI people); he said on the news  tonight that
they are not moved by religion, but by US/UK foreign  policy.

I'll see if I can find a link to the video

Judy Evans,  Cardiff