[lit-ideas] Re: A Movie [longish]

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

One more remark;

--- Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2) I discussed this in the note you are responding
> to so you shouldn't be
> asking this question, but I'll elaborate further
> just to be sociable:  The
> numbers of militant Islam were discussed in the note
> you are responding to.
> I don't understand what more you want.  We are here
> dealing with a very
> backward people not much given to free speech,
> opinion polls, etc., so
> "experts" can but guess.  You and I debated this
> matter in the past.  You
> felt the Moderates were more numerous than the
> Militants.  I found no
> evidence from this.

*I don't think that I claimed that "the Moderates were
more numerous than the Militants" or if I did I had
different notions of "moderates" and "militants" in
mind from those you use. You seem to define "moderate
Muslims" as those who support the policies of the US,
Israel, and the US-sponsored regimes in the region,
and "militants" as those who don't. While I also
haven't got access to exact numbers or percentages,
and there are indeed obstacles in the way of obtaining
reliable information here, I suspect that the first
will be vastly outnumbered by the second.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com