[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:55:58 +0100

I think what is more of an issue than the volunteer-only nature of
Haiku is a lack of serious funds to pay lawyers to protect our
trademarks in a court of law should it come down to that. Mozilla has
those funds because of the money they receive from Google for searches
in Firefox. If we are really serious about protecting our trademarks
we need to find a way to generate funds for such an effort. I don't
know if donations are enough. Though we may also have options with
some of the open source friendly law offices which might offer pro
bono representation.

Time to bring GoogleFS back ?

:p

--