[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:44:10 -0400

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Michel Clasquin-Johnson
<clasqm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That sounded good the first time I read it. But do we really want to make it
> that easy for any scipt kiddie to bring out his own distro?

I had the same exact thought process, both when reading Ben's email
and back when we first started the distro guidelines stuff. While it
sounds nice to make things easy, we really don't want to encourage
distros. So there is no motivation or good reason to take the time to
make it easy to swap out the trademarked images, etc.

--
Regards,
Ryan