[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:04:46 -0600

> While looking at the guidelines, there were some parts that could use
> clarifying.
>
> I think it is worthwhile to mention needing to modify the Installer
> application, specifcally the introductory text and it's graphic
>
> Regarding allowing the use of artwork vs. the use of logos,  where
> does the use of the Haiku logo in artwork land?
> Specifically, using the default Haiku logo as a background image.

You may want to put in ( to be very clear ):

In general this means, removing Haiku name & logo from:
1) Boot screen
2) About System Box
3) Installer
4) Background image ( default wallpaper, should be distro name
or other non-Haiku image )

I believe those are the four major problem areas.

Since this is a distro, you want to avoid it conveying Haiku
since the official release comes from Haiku Inc.

After all, you want users to actually use official Haiku OS
rather than a distro and make it clear to end users that
they're using distro "x" instead.

Regards,

New! Open Messenger faster on the MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677405