[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:55:04 -0700

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Btw, if they just did so recently, we can rightfully contest theirs on
> the basis that ours is widely (well, hmm...) known for almost a decade
> now.

Actually, it seems they filed theirs in 1999:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:o485tu.4.1

> Best would be to ask them with a friendly letter to see how they react.

Probably. It looks like they have a website with almost nothing on it
except an email address: http://www.haikusoftware.com/

Apparently they produce OS X and iPhone software.

I wonder if he is even aware of Haiku yet.

- Urias