[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:51:24 +0100

I mentioned I had some suggestions and I was going to send an email. Don't know if anyone was waiting for it but if you were, I should point out that I've changed strategy. Since I'll be at BeGeistert this week end I'm going to present them instead :-)

--

As for the discussion on not making it easy to make distros, that is up to the developers. However, if you deliberately make it difficult to remove trademarks it could then be argued you are not making enough effort to protect them.

I don't know about trademark law but you are legally required to protect copyrights, you lose them if you don't. If the same is true for trademarks, by making it difficult to remove them, you are potentially handing any trademark infringer a *very* powerful weapon to use against you.

--

Nicholas Blachford
nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx