[haiku] Re: Some minor suggestions to the Distro Guidelines.

  • From: Michel Clasquin-Johnson <clasqm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:34:18 +0200

On 09 Oct 2009, at 9:48 PM, Ben Allen wrote:

If we are going to be so clear and specific (and I agree we should) as
to what needs to be removed/modified for a conforming distro, would it
then make sense to centralize all of these resources into a central
"branding" folder?  That way, it would be easy to ensure that you
didn't miss something, as well as allowing distro makers the ability
to update a logo graphic once and have all apps/dialogs/preflets use
the updated logo (assuming they don't hard-wire their graphics in at
compile time).  Essentially, do for branding what the LocaleKit does
for languages.

That sounded good the first time I read it. But do we really want to make it that easy for any scipt kiddie to bring out his own distro? We'll have to set up our own Distrowatch just to keep up!

Coming soon: ClasqOS v1.0! Available in ClasqOS Home, ClasqOS Basic and ClasqOS Super-Duper Business Edition (send money, suckers!).

Michel Clasquin-Johnson
e-mail: clasqm@xxxxxxxxx
website: http://www.reviewcentral.co.za/