  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:11:31 -0500

> Why is (4) different from (5)?

Depends on what kind of console you are talking about.  A system like XBox
is maybe more like a dedicated OS, except the CPU isn't very high powered,
and there is more depedence on hardware acceleration for FX.

Systems like PS2 and Gamecube have very idiosyncratic audio subsystems, with
specialized chips that far from a general CPU or programmable DSP.