  • From: "Silver Blade" <silverblade_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:29:12 -0000

> Though it may go without saying, I want to make sure that DAW
> encompasses vidoe editing applications as well as audio-only applications.
> <<<
>
> Sure, though I don't think it makes sense for GMPI to address the notion
of
> video plugins.

Generalized Multimedia Plugin Interface, anyone? :)

It'd be useful if GMPI could be used alongside another form of generalized
plugin interface for video. An idea I had was to separate things like audio
effects, music effects, audio ins, audio outs, etc. into different
interfaces (which I call support modules.) A group of these could form the
GMPI, and later additional interfaces could be added for video effects and
I/O.

-SB