  • From: Martijn Sipkema <m.j.w.sipkema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:09:45 +0100

> > I'd like to limit it to only hardware that has 32 and 64 bit float
> > support, not all things do (eg. palmtops, some games consoles).
>
> That seems like a severe limitation.

Perhaps we should have an idea what platforms are limited to
integer arithmetic or perhaps other reasons why this might be
of importance even on platforms that do have floating point
support?

Also, is it possible to write code that runs on both types of platform
with only a recompile, or will the code have to be full of #ifdefs for
either float/integer calculations?

--ms