  • From: "Silver Blade" <silverblade_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:15:45 -0000

> > Meaning that we wish to keep it simple to attrackt hobby developers?
>
> Absolutely.  GMPI should make simple things simple to implement, IMO.

I've been put off of using DirectX for the moment, simply because I don't
understand how to use it. I spent ages wading through the documentation, and
learned nothing. On the other hand, I read up on VST and ASIO and could see
how everything fits together.

Let's face it - with anything new, it's got to be easier than the "old" way
of doing things, otherwise people won't want to use it. If it's going to be
more difficult than working with VST, people might just continue writing VST
plugins and ignore GMPI.

-SB