  • From: "Smartelectronix - Bram de Jong" <bram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:37:50 +0100

From: "Mikael Hillborg" <mikael@xxxxxx>
<snip>
> It's not feasible for a plugin to provide different code snippets
> for different bit depths, e.g. one piece of code for 8 bits, one for 16,
one for 24 and
> one for 32. Oh no.

It is if the coding in X-bits X-format is optional.

This is coding-details (auch!), but one could let mappings be done by the
HOST.
'Hosts' used on DSP systems would only 'support' plugins
that are compiled with the "I can process 24bit fixed point" option enabled.

Plugins that ONLY support -say- 24bit fixed point would need converted
buffers
from other hosts.

A -quite- simple system of "I can proces XXXXX" would do.

 - bram