  • From: Bill Gardner <billg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:27:20 -0500

To add my 2 cents:

I like the proxy idea for supporting DSPs, and think it can be done well.

I like Ron's list of target audience. Later when we debate implementation it may be desirable to prune things down to maintain simplicity, or conversely, to expand the scope to enable some exciting new functionality.

Regarding networking, I'm personally interested in the idea of connecting a GUI on my laptop to a plugin running remotely in a stompbox or rack unit, and I mean not just a param/value list but a real GUI with meters and custom displays as if the filter was running locally. It would be cool if GMPI could support this somehow.

Cheers,

Bill