[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:16:14 +1000

You don't understand simple physics. It is easy to determine if
one is stationary with respect to another body, such as the sun. My
brother is doing this every night.

        Alan

If one is stationary with respect to another body, this is not being
"immobile with respect to space."  Lets for the moment assume i am standing
stationary in a train travelling 50 miles per hour. I am stationary with
respect to the train, but I am not immobile. Are you purposely misconstruing
what I thought I wrote quite clearly?

What does your physics, of which I seem to be ignorant, take "Immobile with
respect to space" mean?

Please tell me if you were in a boat out of sight of all other objects, and
you perceived the water flowing past the boat, just how easy would it be for
you to establish if it was the boat moving or the current in the water. Or
in a plane doing 300mph in a headwind of 300mph?  hmmm.

All in good fun, I have always enjoyed teaching.