[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:22:02 +0100

On 29 Jul, Steven Jones <stavro_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Consider a fixed Earth, not moving in any way whatsoever, and located at
> the exact centre of the universe. All the planets (excluding the Earth
> which is not a planet) orbit the sun, whilst the the sun is also the
> kinematical focus of the stars which also revolve around the sun once
> every 23h:56m. The sun then in turn orbits the Earth once a day with
> everything else accompanying it.

        I find it very difficult to believe that a supposedly intelligent
human being can possibly put this forward as an acceptable theory of the
universe! I am still half-hoping that I shall discover that you're pulling
my leg!

        If the stars go round the sun in about 24 hours, the force on them
is = mass x radius x the angular velocity squared (according to Newton).
These forces would be absolutely ginormous. How do you account for them?

        Also, the stars would be travelling faster than light, which is
impossible according to Einstein's theory of relativity.

        I suppose you will say that you don't accept Newton's laws, or the
theory of relativity, (which have been supported by all the experiments so
far carried out). If that is the case, have you got laws with which you
can replace them?

        Alan Griffin