[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:57:27 +0100

On 31 Jul, Steven Jones <stavro_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Mr. Griffin,

> You said regarding the Earth's movement:

> "It's not alleged. It's a demonstrated fact."

> The motion of the Earth has never been proven. If your so confident that
> it has, then all I ask of you is simply to cite just one example, which
> I shall refute with the minimum of effort.

        I saw my brother this evening. He says that the aberration of
light proves that the earth moves. (Remember the analogy of having to hold
an umbrella tilted forward while walking throught the rain, because the
rain appears to come down at an angle to the vertical?)

        He says that the amount of the aberration is due entirely to the
linear speed. If the stars are stationary, and the earth moving, the angle
of the aberration is the same for all stars.

        If the earth were stationary and the stars moving round it, their
angular velocities would all be the same, but their linear velocities
would be different, because of their different distances. This would mean
that the aberration of light would be different for different stars,
depending on their distance.

        I need hardly tell you, that the aberration of light is the same
for all stars!

        Alan Griffin