[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:24:07 +0100

Dear Steven,

Accoring to Newtonian mechanics all the bodies in the solar system move
relative to each other due to their gravitational effect on each other
but as the Sun is much more massive than any other body it moves
considerably less than the others.  It also stipulates that the solar
system itself moves around the gravitional centre of our galaxy which
itself moves around the gravitational centre of the univers.  Even if
the sun is tiny and not so far away, the earth still moves a bit even if
you disregard all the other stars and galaxies.  If you believe
Newtonian mechanics then you believe that the earth moves, period.

According to general relativity any point in the universe (with whatever
angular momemtum you wish to impart on it) can be considered the centre
of the universe.  Earth holds no special status.  If you believe in
relativity then you can't think the earth's perspective is special, this
is one of the fundemental tennants of relativity.

If you don't subscribe to either of the above then I would be very
interested to know exactly what you do subscribe to.  Geostationists
keep on using the MM experiment to "prove" the Earth doesn't move and
yet use relativity (which is based on the assumption that the MM
experiment will show the same result no matter where it is performed) to
argue that geostationism is a valid viewpoint after all

You should make clear what you actually believe and stick to it.

Regards,

Mike.