MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSExchange.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:51:59 +0200

MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ExchangeList,

New articles added to MSExchange.org last month:

Title: Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Round Up
Author: Admin
contests to find out which products most Exchange Server administrators
recommended. A variety of different products were listed on the site and
visitors had a chance to cast their vote for their favorite products. Below you
will find the winners for each repective Readers' Choice carried out during the
previous years.

Link: http://www.msexchange.org/news/Readers-Choice-Awards-2004.html

Title: Scripting Exchange Using VBScript and ADSI  (Part 2)
Author: Amit Zinman
searching for Exchange objects such as users and contacts in Active Directory.
This second part of the series will go over creation of a new object, and over
the most important attribute of an Exchange recipient, the e-mail address.

Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Scripting-Exchange-VBScript-ADSI-Part2.html

Title: How to Speed up an Exchange 2000 or 2003 / DC reboot
Author: Lee Derbyshire
Controller with Exchange installed on it, a reboot can take a very long time
indeed. This article discusses why Exchange/DC shutdown takes such a long time,
and (more importantly) what you can do about it.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Speed-up-Exchange-2000-2003-DC-reboot.html

Title: Understanding Exchange Databases Disk Consumption
Author: Erik Rozman
they can not continue to function. My aim in this article is not to describe
methods of preventing or solving the disk space problem(even though I will
provide a tip or two)- my aim is to describe and explain the way that Exchange
databases uses disk space.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Exchange-Databases-Disk-Consumption.html

Title: Scripting Exchange Using VBScript and ADSI  (Part 1)
Author: Amit Zinman
VBScript language using the ADSI interface provided by Active Directory for
storing and retrieving Exchange information.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Scripting-Exchange-VBScript-ADSI-Part1.html

Title: Dealing with Outlook Internet Headers
Author: Henrik Walther
Headers. Being an Exchange Admin it’s essential you know what an Internet
Header is and just as important know how to read it, especially in
troubleshooting situations and when dealing with spoofed e-mail messages.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Outlook-Internet-Headers.html

Title: Using SMTPDIAG to Diagnose Exchange 2003 Related SMTP and DNS Problems
Author: Marc Grote
SMTPDiag. SMTPDiag is a diagnostic tool that is used to determine if Simple
Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name System (DNS) are configured to
reliably deliver mail to an external e-mail address.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/SMTPDIAGdiagnose-Exchange-2003-SMTP-DNS.html

Title: Adding Events to Multiple Mailboxes using Exmerge
Author: Amit Zinman
sending a meeting request.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Adding-Events-Multiple-Mailboxes-Exmerge.html

Title: Command Line-based Exchange Management using ExchMbx
Author: Henrik Walther
in the field, at one time or another you've probably missed the capability of
managing Exchange related tasks via the command line console (CLI), but fear
not those days are over now that we have ExchMBX.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Command-Line-based-Exchange-Management-ExchMbx.html

Title: E-mail Filtering for Exchange: SurfControl E-Mail Filter for Exchange
2000/2003 Review
Author: Henrik Walther
review of SurfControl’s E-mail Filter for Exchange 2000/2003. Some of you might
ask why it’s superficial; well there’s a simple answer for that, the product is
way too comprehensive for an in-depth review, I therefore suggest you download
your own trial version and give the product a go in your test lab, as that’s
the only way to get a real insight into the product’s capabilities.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/SurfControl-E-mail-Filter-Exchange.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSExchange.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSExchange.org 2004. All rights reserved.