MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "MSExchange.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:47:42 -0600

MSExchange.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ExchangeList,

New articles added to MSExchange.org last month:

Title: Understanding and using the External Associated Account in Windows
Server 2003 and Exchange 2003
Author: Marc Grote
associated Account in Windows Server 2003 and how to use it.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Understanding-External-Associated-Account-Windows-Server-2003-Exchange-2003.html

Title: Exchange System Manager and Domain Controller Selection
Author: Neil Hobson
other different services, for it has to obtain different types of information
from different sources. For example, Exchange System Manager uses the Messaging
Application Programming Interface (MAPI) to display information about mailbox
resources as well as Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) to display
information about the queues within the Queue Viewer. As you might expect, it
also has to contact Active Directory to retrieve information about the
configuration of Exchange.  In this article, I want to cover how you can
determine which domain controller Exchange System Manager is communicating with
to retrieve this information.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-System-Manager-Domain-Controller-Selection.html

Title: Explaining the new MAPI Access feature included in Exchange Server 2003
Service Pack 2
Author: Henrik Walther
included in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2. This feature makes it possible
to enable or disable MAPI (Outlook) access on a per user-basis.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/New-MAPI-Access-feature-Exchange-Server-2003-Service-Pack2.html

Title: Creating Exchange Users with Excel
Author: Amit Zinman
mailboxes in Active Directory. LDIFDE has been mentioned and also VBScripts.
However, the most powerful and flexible tool in my opinion is Excel. Excel can
read information from various formats and can serve as a handy intermediary.
You can manipulate the information in Excel as you find necessary before
exporting it to Active Directory. A lot of data originates from Excel which is
a common place for large tables. You can also combine data from a few sources
into Excel.
Link: http://www.MSExchange.org/articles/Creating-Exchange-Users-Excel.html

Title: A look at the Microsoft Exchange Server Profile Analyzer (EPA) Tool
Author: Henrik Walther
Profile Analyzer tool (EPA) which was released as a web release tool a couple
of weeks ago.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Server-Profile-Analyzer-EPA-Tool.html

Title: Provisioning Outlook Web Access 2003
Author: Rodney Buike
customizable than ever before. Provisioning OWA will allow you to remove
certain features for security and performance reasons, or if you are providing
hosted Exchange mailboxes, resell certain features as value added features.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/Provisioning-Outlook-Web-Access-2003.html

Title: How to change the POP3 / IMAP4 and SMTP banner in Exchange 2003
Author: Marc Grote
POP3/IMAP4 and SMTP service in Exchange 2003. Changing the banner for these
Exchange services enhances the security if an attacker and illegitimate users
don't know, on the first try, which server is communicating with them. Please
keep in mind that this is only one of several methods of securing the Exchange
environment.
Link:
http://www.MSExchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-2003.html

section to unsubscribe.
MSExchange.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © MSExchange.org 2006. All rights reserved.