[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:12:57 -0500

Susan,

I didn't realize that you even knew how to avoid having embosser information
in a template, so I've generally regarded it as my job to strip it out after
receiving files from you.  I know that this last time around, I didn't do
that.

The trouble that you report seems to me to confirm that you in fact do have
embosser information in the template.

For the record (and others' edification, if not your's), to remove all
embosser (and printer) information from a template, run "dbtw
/RemovePageInfo <filename>" from the command line.  This process is part of
our automated build-and-release system for templates that we generate
in-house.

With regard to your second question, all beta and released versions of DBT
10.5 do in fact share some information, including the .elt file.  This was a
poor design decision, and I am intending to address it at some point.  Of
immediate concern is that the autobuild is interfering with the beta &
released versions.  I don't know why that would be.  We should take that
issue up off-list, however, as it is not directly a beta-related problem.