[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie.diggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:40:57 -0500

Yes, I do indeed like the fact that when you change embosser selections, the
form size is automatically changed to the default form for the embosser.  In
my mind, that was the whole point of selecting a default form when setting
up a new embosser. I suppose I can understand why someone would be unhappy
if changing their document's embosser resulted in that document being
reformatted.  Which brings me to...

Other possibilities that you mentioned which I like:

1.  Everything else should be changed if the paper size changes. That makes
a lot of sense. People who are changing embossers but not paper size
presumably do not want any changes to take place -- other than the physical
device on which the document is embossed.  People who are changing embossers
and paper size presumably want to use the settings for the new paper.

2.  When settings are changed, the "recommended" values should be used
instead of the maximum values.

Something George mentioned that I agree with:  Changes users make to the
Global embosser settings should be stored somewhere automatically.  Say, for
example, I set the characters per line for my Index to 30 in the Global
Embosser Setup dialog.  Arrowing around in the Global Embosser Setup
dialog's Brailler Device listbox at some point in the future should not
cause characters per line to revert to 34 or 32 or anything else for that
matter.  (Yes I know I can cause them to revert to 30 by editing my emb.elt
file, that's not my point.)

Thank you again for the time you spent helping me understand what was going
on, and listening to what I think should be going on. <smile>

Take care.
Joanie