[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <jdiggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:38:14 -0500

Hi Peter.  Thanks for your response.  I think I'm getting confused, though,
because I don't think I should be seeing what I am seeing.  So please allow
me to try again, and if you wouldn't mind pointing out where my
understanding is failing, that would be great.

Steps to reproduce:

In SP1
1.  Configure an Index Basic D that will only be used for narrow width paper
and set the characters per line to 32
2.  Add a Romeo 25 embosser that will only be used for wide width paper and
set the characters per line to 40
3.  While the Romeo 25 is still selected in the Brailler Device list box,
examine the following two controls in the Desired Braille Document
Formatting group:
        a.  Form combo box
        b.  Characters Per Line edit box
4.  You should find that the form combo box contains wide width paper, and
the characters per line is 40.
5.  Select the index in the list box and examine the contents of the
aforementioned controls.  The form combo box contains narrow width paper,
and the characters per line is 32.

Thoughts on findings:  This behavior makes sense because the Index is using
narrow width paper and 32 characters per line and the Romeo is using wide
width paper and 40 characters per line.

In SP2
Repeat steps 1 through 4 above.  You should have the same findings.  Then:
5.  Select the index in the list box and examine the contents of the
aforementioned controls.  The form combo box contains wide width paper, and
the characters per line is 40.

Thoughts on findings:  This behavior doesn't make sense because the Index
should be using narrow width paper and 32 characters per line, yet it says
wide width paper and 40 characters per line.

I apologize for being so dense, but what am I missing?  Is this new behavior
intentional, and if so, why?

Take care.
Joanie