[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:56:23 -0500

Jack,

As with 10.5 when released, there are actually three paper size settings,
each independent of the others:
  1. An "embosser default form size" sticks to the embosser configuration.
It can be set only in the three page "configuration editing" dialog.
  2. A "document form size" sticks to any document or template you create in
DBT 10.5.  It is set in Document, Embosser Setup.
  3. A "document default form size" sticks only to the user; it is set in
Global, Embosser Setup.

Where these settings are changed, and where they are stored, has not changed
since DBT 10.5 first shipped.

How the Embosser Setup dialogs respond to user input has changed; thus, we
have this rather long thread.