[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:51:58 -0500

Joanie,

The new behavior is indeed intentional.  Here's why:

When operating the Document, Embosser Setup dialog, people were dismayed to
find things about the document changing when they changed only the embosser
to which the document is targeted.  I heard many complaints about this.  (In
fact, among us at Duxbury, we would typically hear a half dozen complaints
per day.)  The dialog has been changed to try to retain everything about
your document, even the paper size, when you switch embossers.

The Global, Embosser Setup dialog works largely the same way just so that it
isn't too different from the Document, Embosser Setup dialog.

In other words, to DBT there is no such thing as an "Index Basic D that will
only be used for narrow width paper".  We assume that, if the need arises,
you will load other paper into it.

Whatever is happening in SP1, regardless of how much sense it makes to you,
it is surely coincidental that it works as you'd like in this case, unless
you've devised some way (such as editing emb.elt) to tell DBT that each
embosser will be used only with one size of paper.

I'm not sure what you might be missing.  Have you tried switching back from
the Index Basic D to the Romeo?  In this case, will SP1 switch back to the
wide paper?