[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup woes

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:43:10 -0800

Hi Peter:

Can you help me understand this.  There is a strong possibility that I can
make my 40-cell braille display emulate anything, as I have both printed to
file and printed directly to the device, using an 8-mb file--well as you
know I am a megalomaniac in my spare time.  To give myself a bit more
credit, I have designed large reference works in a single file that allow me
to access any part of the book with a single-keystroke.

gMy first question is whether, document settings actually appear in some
form in the .dxb file, asuming one could decompile it and find it in the
code.  If not is there a separate file created to store document settings.
In otherwords, if embossing a series of documents under one embosser,
different from what is in global settings, do I have to configure each
document, or can I use the settings from a previous document.

Embosser set-up has been a challenge for everyone, and usually, when I set
up to do a task, I forget what I have learned because I have no need to
practice.  As I have no deadlines, I should be able to explore this
systematically, but I need some directives.

Cheers

Jack