[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:27:38 +0000

In message <4f3d71678amonster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Greenfield <monster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Would it be possible to add direct .pdf creation into OvationPro like
Artworks and Techwriter?

Yes.

...and would anyone other than me actually want this?

Well some would, but there is another camp which says "why not use one of the other methods of producing PDF".

Could OvationPro export pages in Artworks format? This would allow for
incredibly easy interaction between the apps and be a great design/DTP
combination.
(and you could print to .pdf using Artworks)

Yes. This is akin to the idea that often comes up of allowing OP to export pages as Draw files. It would be better than Draw because AW files can do more. However it would require the AW file spec.

I suppose in passing one should wonder if Techwriter is going to offer AW export.

All the above are nice ideas. With the direct PostScript generation in OP for Windows PDF at least is not too far fetched. The problem (as ever) are the small number of users and my lack of time.