[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:25:24 +0000

Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would probably be easier to add direct PDF export to OvationPro
> than adding direct ArtWorks export because the PDF format is well
> documented and it would make more sense anyway because it is a
> cross-platform format.

I thought David had indicated some time back that there would be no more
RISC OS specific development of OP, but it could benefit from spin-offs
from the Windows OP.

As Windows applications[1] invariably produce PDF output via a printer
driver, I would hazard a guess that Windows OP will never have direct PDF
output and therefor the RISC OS version won't either.

[1] except MS Office 2007 which has a standalone PDF driver as part of the
suite - although it can of course also use the myriad of PDF printer
drivers available very cheaply.

Cheers,

Ray D