[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:13:20 GMT

On 8 Nov, Rob Hemmings (News) wrote in message
  <4f3ea74ca4rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks to David and the others for pointing out the various options.  I
> do realise that creating .pdf files suitable for passing around is
> possible but the point I was trying to make was that it would be much
> more convenient to be able to output these direct from OvationPro.  I
> will use the other options if necessary but I would still be prepared to
> pay for the convenience of direct output.

Out of interest, what is inconvenient about the use of PrintPDF in
conjunction with GhostScript?  I'm happy to incorporate any sensible
suggestions for making the process easier, if they're practical to do
within the constraints of the printing system.  At present you select the
PDF printer from your Printers in the iconbar, print from O-Pro and drag
the resulting PDF file to a directory.

I'm obviously biased, but from here it looks very nearly as easy as direct
export would be.  If O-Pro offered export itself, I assume it would still
need to allow the print options to be set first.

  http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/software/printpdf/

Note that there will be a new version out this weekend, if I manage to get
the documentation finished and I don't find any bugs in the interim.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/