[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Tony van der Hoff <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:10:04 +0000

On 8 Nov at 14:48 "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message <4f3e929679rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> For example, I have created a long document (about 150 pages), with lots
> of colour pictures, about my family history that I would like to share
> with some of my relatives who only have Windows based computers.  To be
> able to send them a .pdf file would be ideal but to get it printed first
> would cost a considerable amount of money.

I have, for several years, been producing technical manuals in OPro on RISC
OS (in fact the only thing I use my RPC for nowadays).

I print them to PostScript using the PS printer driver, and convert that to
PDF using one of the many ps -> pdf converters (Nowadays under Linux, 'cos
it's faster, but the RISC OS products are quite adequate).

As has been commented here, going through the ps printer driver is not
ideal, and unsuitable for pre-press, but for what you (and I) require, it is
perfectly adequate.

Cheers, Tony
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx