[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:52:52 +0000

Rob Hemmings (News) wrote:
In article <4f3daa37fdlists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Vigay
<lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In a dim and distant universe <4f3d71678amonster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Robert Greenfield <monster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> muttered:
Would it be possible to add direct .pdf creation into OvationPro like
Artworks and Techwriter? ...and would anyone other than me actually
want this?

Definitely. That would be very handy to me, especially when creating
menus and flyers for local restaurants, who subsequently require a PDF
download on their website.

I would also find it very useful for exactly the same types of reason. In fact it is the convenience of .pdf creation from Artworks that often
makes me choose that in preference to OvationPro when I am producing a
poster.  Obviously, this is not a good solution for something that is
more text oriented than a typical poster.

I would far rather have direct .pdf output than to have to use the rather
messy solution adopted by Techwriter and I would certainly be prepared to
pay for such an upgrade.

As D.P. says, the user-base hardly justifies the effort of implementing direct .pdf for individual RO applications. An improved PS printer driver may be the best compromise.
--
C.B.