[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:07:09 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <4f3e929679rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
The key point for me with direct .pdf output from OvationPro would be
that I could then easily share documents that I have created on
OvationPro with people on other platforms.  It is not so much that I
would want to print them directly here or even take them to commercial
printers.

You have options right now...

... you could take your RISC OS PostScript over to Windows and turn it into PDF there - probably squillions of programs are available to do that.

Yes, I used to do that at one time, but found that Acrobat Distiller didn't like the RiscOS PostScript. It would work with distiller set to small file size or standard (600 dpi), but invariably would fail in press (2400 dpi) mode. This (and Unicode support) was the reason I switched to OPW.
--
C.B.