[softwarelist] Re: .pdf creation for OvationPro

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:35:39 +0100

In message <47319904.4050904@xxxxxxxx>
          Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rob Hemmings (News) wrote:
>
>> I would far rather have direct .pdf output than to have to use the rather
>> messy solution adopted by Techwriter and I would certainly be prepared to
>> pay for such an upgrade.
>
> As D.P. says, the user-base hardly justifies the effort of implementing
> direct .pdf for individual RO applications. An improved PS printer
> driver may be the best compromise.

Yes, that will certainly help. I expect that the proposed PostScript 3
driver will eventually fix most of the limitations that cause trouble
at the moment. Plus, it is likely that it will offer CMYK printing
support with only minimal adjustments required in printing
applications.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx