[bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

  • From: Pamela Hoffard <crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

Scott,

I want you to know that I agree with Valerie.  If a struggling sighted reader
is
using Bookshare's services for easy clear reading, the picture descriptions
would "get in the way" for reading the text.  The actual text of the book would
be almost readable to the child, but the level of words in the picture
descriptions would just be frustrating to read for a struggling reader.

Just my opinion,

Pam