[bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:43:45 -0700

Jumping in here on this one. The usability issue here is navigation.  In DAISY
it is the font size that determines navigability. By adjusting both lines to
the appropriate and identical size the reader can skip right to them.

As a review for new volunteers see the manual chapter 4 (
http://tinyurl.com/3dzv4g4 ):

 4)  Use these font sizes:          For the:
                          20 point  +  BOLDING        Book title
                          18 point  +  BOLDING        Larger section headings
(such as "Part I", or "Section 2")
                          16 point  +  BOLDING        Headings for each section
in the Front Matter, & Back Matter
                          16 point  +  BOLDING        Chapter headings
                          14 point  +  BOLDING        Chapter subheadings
                          12 point                             Text in the body
of the book

                     5)  Maximum font size for anything in the file:       =
20 point
                          Minimum font size for anything in the file:        =
 8 point

Scott

From: Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:14:59 -0700
To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: New proofreaders

Hi, I think the usual practice is to put the chapter title after the chapter
number. If I find the number of the chapter after the title, my feeling is that
as long as it's in the book, okay, but put it where it makes sense, i.e.,
before the title. Regards, Kim Friedman.