[amayausers] Re: Thread Breaks

  • From: Lisa Griswold <lisa.griswold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 05:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

Our thread seems to unravel a lot too.  What causes this?  We have all new
thread, so I can't blame it on old thread.  It's very bothersome.

  Lisa
Barbara Hazelrig-Mirsky <mirrig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I finally fired up the Amaya and stitched a design. I tested the design first
on $1.00 a yard fabric and then stitched it on the tote bag. No problems
whatsoever. I then attempted another design on a sweatshirt without testing the
design first. Thread break, bobbin break, after thread break, after false
bobbin break. I have to attribute some of the breaks to operator error and some
to the design. On rethreading after the thread break, I didn't thread the thing
right on a couple of needles. I also noticed that the thread seemed to want to
unravel all the time. Perhaps the thread is defective or just old. I replaced
the Isacord with RA - no more thread breaks for now.

With the bobbin - the thread was just about to the end when it 'broke'. But in
a new bobbin - no go. I just kept rethreading - no go - false breaks. I cleaned
the bobbin and case. No go. Tried a new bobbin case, very carefully threaded
it, adjusted the tension, tested it. Finished that design and wasn't completed
happy with the stitch out. Next design - SUCCESS!

I probably need to hoop a little tighter and use firmer backing.

The machine makes more noise that I remember from the demo. I just oiled the
machine before using it, but I think I'll go back over it to inspect it and
check out the lubrication as well.