[amayausers] Re: Thread Breaks

  • From: "Shuffletown Embroidery" <shuffemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:36:31 -0500

OK. Got it! Thanks again.
Mary

Mary Buckle
Shuffletown Embroidery
Charlotte, NC

From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod or Sharon
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:27 PM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Thread Breaks

Mary,

Sorry if it sounded like I made it sound like you had to oiled the
reciprocater directly all the time. As you wanted to know what it was ,I
described how you could get a good look at it and see just how the whole
system worked. Whenever I have the front covers off,  I do soak up the pads
with oil directly during the inspection process.

The newest spects on oiling the reciprocator is to add "25" drops of oil in
the oiling channel when the pop-up for this procedure is required. But once
again, if the machine is running constantly and/or the machine sits for long

periods of time and is not used, it is only wise to add a few more drops of
oil in the channel to keep the system wet with oil..

At the bottom of the reciprocator shaft, there is an oil soaker pad that
will collect any excess oil to keep it from running out the bottom and
soiling a garment. Anytime I have the covers off the front of a machine I
always take a screwdriver and tissue paper, paper towel, etc, and try to
soak out the oil from this pad by squeezing the paper towel against it with
the screwdriver. If this is not done periodically and the machine is kept
well oiled, then there is the possibility that the pad will/could become
saturated and oil will have no where to go but down and down is toward the
needle and what ever you are sewing on...

Rod Springer

Embroidery Cottage
Rod & Sharon Springer
Melco Amaya Tech & Trainer