[amayausers] Re: unraveling

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:09:40 -0400

We found that thread unraveling means it is catching either on a
needle burr (but not enough to break) or in the bobbin area-there was
a burr caused by a needle that broke or something down in there-the
tech dismantled it and showed me, I polished it off with jewelry
cratex wheel and got it mirror smooth again-he was impressed-didn't
have a spare. 20 years as a silversmith...comes in handy!
If your needle plate is the slightest off center to the needle, that
allows the thread to rub also...have to make sure your 'center' is
dead on, front to back, side to side...
Roland