[amayausers] Thread Breaks

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amayausers@Freelists. Org" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:54:00 +1000

Bob & Others,

In all my years in  embroidery I have never stood by  my machines and
counted the thread breaks. If I have excessive thread breaks it is the
needle/scouring on the needle plate/dirty or nicked hook or thread not
feeding properly/ wrong thread path or poor thread quality or bad design. In
the Amaya You can actually adjust the height of the Spool holder. On some of
my cones I had the spool holder up too high and the thread was getting
caught on it. On some of my newer cones the top of the spool came with a
paper seal. When I pushed the spool through the holder the threads were
getting caught in the uneven bits of paper causing thread breaks.

With the new Amaya software actually lets you analyse the performance of the
machine.

I am only still learning it quirks and that is probably why my thread breaks
are higher than average. I find that the presser foot height at 3 clicks up
for normal garments is just right for my machine

I ran 164000 stitches in under 5 hours with the machine set at 1500spm  on
Monday and had 7 thread breaks. On some of the needles I was using rayon
thread that is not recommended for the Amaya.

Therefore I suggest you keep an open mind. If one wants to find something
wrong with a machine one always will without looking into the real cause of
the thread break

Anand

We use single head Tajima's and normally sew at about 800 for flats and
650 for caps.

Designs very greatly, some are simple lettering but others are
complicated, very detailed designs. We do use some stock designs but
most are custom designs [which  we create ourselves or occasionally have
other digitizers do].

We use Gunold polyester thread but also have used Madeira, Ackermann and
Marathon poly and were happy with them all. Normally bobbin tension is
set at 18 - 20 gms and top tensions at about 140 - 150 gms.

Designs are stitched materials like light knits, canvas, nylon, fleece,
heavy knits, satin, leather, terry cloth etc. and items like bags,
shirts, chairs, coolers, caps, hoodies, jackets, towels, track suits and
pants.

Recently we finished a job in which we stitched a multicolor 11000
stitch logo on a total of 100 items [portfolio bags, denim shirts and
t-shirts] .... did not have even one thread break [only had one stoppage
in the whole job and that was because the bobbin thread ran out ....
duh, I forgot to check it].

We have very few thread breaks while stitching, If we do have a thread
break, the first thing I will do is replace the needle and 99% of the
time, that solves the problem. I really can't imagine having a thread
break every 6 - 8  thousand stitches as some Amaya users seem to have
.... that would drive me crazy.

Bob

Just finished 192 assorted, "crappy", customer supplied hats.
Embroidered about 6 different logos, ranging from 5,000 to 11,000 stitches
each.
One false thread break and then one actual thread break........on the  very
last set. (2 head SWF)

Considering the substrates I was embroidering on............I was a very
happy camper.

Diane
Color Your World

I stitched 111 scrubs with a 9K  seven color design - no thread breaks -
used MarathonUSA poly thread.  Then I stitched 100 shirts with a 12K five
color design and had one thread break - used Madeira poly thread.

Sue Hickerson

The digitizers I use I never have any thread breaks.

Most stock designs I don't have a problem with either. I use only the
commercial
stock designs.

BUT when I do the editing for lettering myself it is a different story.
Block letters
I have a problem with once in a while. I need to
take some classes but never get around to it. Some day.

Jerri