[jhb] Re: Another OT

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 06:43:02 +0100

Frank,
The flashing is to highlight the overexposed areas. You can disable the feature via the menu. The manual modes, including Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority, should take no longer to operate. In fact the camera has slightly less to do. I use AP and SP almost exclusively. Agree about the manual and can recommend the book I mentioed. He does one specific to the D40 and I think it's under a tenner. Do a search on Amazonf or it, if interested.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry
Read the same article.
My experiance so far, is that using the manual modes also produce an unaceptable wait. Unless I was doing something wrong. Did notice afterwards, the LCD review, the brightest areas of the photos, were flashing, but a while later, after taking a number of photos, it was back to normal. I thought that the camera was faulty.
The manual, like all manuals is totally useless.
Frank