[jhb] Re: Another OT

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 04:33:06 +0100

I've noticed a variation between the manual figures and what the camera
says. The manual says buffer capacity is 100 for all JPG settings except
JPEG Fine and Large but if you run through the S/M/L and JPEG Fine/Normal
and Basic options you find the camera reports much lower values. The highest
I could get my buffer up to was with JPEG Basic and Small - capacity was 71
- but actual number of shots available was off the scale at over 1000 on a
1Mb card. I think JPEG Basic and Medium gave 868 pictures but I would never
step down to that quality.

I was pleased with this one today -
http://homepages.mcb.net/bones/WebPix/Gull3.jpg. I was by the upper harbour
in Castletown just playing with the camera and this gull dived over the
water and then pulled up sharply. It was going like a train as it passed
about 15ft away from me and I didn't think the AF would keep up with it even
though set on Continuous - but it did. Pity it was just a bloody gull. <g>