[jhb] Re: Another OT

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:21:48 +0100

No Frank.  It relates to the speed of writing to and the speed of
clearing from the INTERNAL buffer to the memory card.

Mike

The 520 count goes down with each shot taken, this is the max number for the card and setting, obviously switching to a higher pixel count, the less the number of shots.

Despite being a 6mp camera, I usually only print postcard size, and can print A3 without degradation. So a 10mp camera (with regard to the extra cost) would be wasted. Would loved to have got the D40X. But with only the one lens in the box, and £200.00 dearer, I opted
for this one. (D40 with 18-55 and 55-200 lens)

For continous shot mode, I can get up to 100, before buffer overflow, a bit OTT anyway, I would have to hold the button down for at least 30 seconds. Quicker to keep pushing. Response is a lot faster than my old 5mp Konica compact.

Frank